A Vietnam work permit is a legal document that the Department of Labor, Invalid and Social Affairs issues to its holder so they may legally work there. It must be applied indirectly, either with the help of the foreigners’ employers or a service center in Vietnam.
A necessary document to apply for a temporary residency card or a working visa for Vietnam is a Vietnam work permit. The Labor Code No. 45/2019/QH14 and the Decree No. 52/2020/ND-CP effectively govern it at the moment.
Foreign nationals must work for a corporation or other organization that is registered and acknowledged in Vietnam in order to be eligible to apply for a work permit.
We will now walk you through the specifics of the work permit for Vietnam in this section.
Vietnam Work Visa Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following conditions in order to obtain a work visa in Vietnam:
- Over the age of 18 is one of Vietnam work visa requirements
- Have a healthy body that satisfies the needs and specifications of the profession.
- The Vietnamese and foreign policeman throughout the assignment must be without any criminal convictions or national security offenses, not currently under criminal investigation, and not serving a criminal term.
- You must meet the following Vietnam work visa requirements to qualify for a work permit.
For outside specialists:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, as well as a certificate attesting to at least three years of experience in a trained field related to the role for which the foreign employee is anticipated to work in Vietnam.
- Posses a certificate attesting to at least five years of experience working in an area related to the position for which the foreign worker is anticipated to work in Vietnam.
- Having a certificate stating at least 0-5 years of work experience in a position suitable for the position anticipated to be held in Vietnam, the company where the foreigner is employed has a suitable line of business on its business registration certificate, and the foreigner has completed at least one year of technical or other field training and has worked in that field for at least three years.
CEOs, Directors, etc.
Selection for the position and possessing a certificate of at least three years of experience in the position.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: Can I get Turkey Visa on Arrival?
When to Apply for Vietnam Work Permit?
According to Circular No. 23/2017/TT-BLDTBXH, which governs the online issuance of work permits to foreign employees in Vietnam, the foreign employee’s employer or his agent must submit the application form and necessary paperwork to the Department of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs at least 13 working days before the date the foreign employee is expected to start working.
How to apply for a Vietnam work permit?
Here are the procedures and documents to get a work permit in Vietnam that both employer and foreign employee should follow:
Step 1: Apply for Approval of Demand on using foreign workers
The employer must submit the application for approval of demand to use foreign workers at least 30 days prior to the anticipated date the foreign worker will begin working at the company.
The employer must prepare the necessary paperwork for this step:
- Form No. 01/PLI under Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP, or Form No. 02/PLI in the event that the demand for using foreign employees changes, for registration of the demand
- Letter of attorney if the submitter is not the company’s legal representative; Certified copy of business registration.
After then, all of these documents will be delivered.
- The People’s Committee of the province where the foreign worker is anticipated to work, the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs
- Or apply online at http://dvc.vieclamvietnam.gov.vn/
Processing time is 15 days (for direct submission) and 12 days (for online submission).
Step 2: Prepare documents for a work permit:
The employer must prepare the following paperwork:
- Form No. 11/PLI, the Vietnam work permit application.
- Original health records from Vietnam or legalized ones from overseas accompanied by a certified Vietnamese translation.
- The health assessment must have been performed within the past 12 months
- Original police check from Vietnam or a legalized police check if it was issued outside Vietnam and has a certified Vietnamese translation.
- The police check must have been performed during the previous six months;
- A certified duplicate of a current passport;
- A letter of approval got in Step 1; two 4*6-inch pictures (see here for photo specifications)
- Legalized copies of the foreign applicant’s credentials to apply for the position and a certified Vietnamese translation.
Step 3: Submit documents to get work permit in Vietnam
The processing time for work permit requests is 20 working days in total (after obtaining all necessary documentation), which includes:
15 days are needed for the request to hire foreigners to be approved; 5 working days are needed to provide the work permit.
However, it is strongly advised for everyone to start the process at least 30 days before the foreigners’ anticipated start date of employment.
Depending on the province or city where you submit your application, the cost of a Vietnam work permit varies.
How much does a work visa cost in Vietnam?
There are three main levels of application fees in Vietnam for work permits: VND400,000/permit for fresh applicants (USD 20). VND 300,000 per work permit for reissued work permits (USD15). VND 200,000 per work permit is required for renewals (USD 10).