Turkey traditionally welcomes travelers who want to experience its stunning natural and cultural landscapes. At the airport immigration checks, services for obtaining a visa upon arrival are easily accessible for travelers from a certain list of nations.
Please continue reading to find out if your nation is included in Turkey’s list of countries that provide visas upon arrival (VoA) and details about costs, duration, and extension procedures.
Turkey visa on arrival requirements
To obtain a visa on arrival for Turkey, travelers must have a valid passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiration, and a return or onward ticket. Additionally, travelers may be required to provide proof of sufficient funds for their stay in Turkey, and some travelers may be asked to show proof of accommodation.
Here is a checklist of items that may be required when applying for a visa on arrival in Turkey:
- Valid passport with at least 6 months remaining before expiration
- Return or onward ticket
- Proof of sufficient funds for your stay in Turkey (cash, credit card, bank statement)
- Proof of accommodation (hotel reservation, hostel booking, or letter of invitation from a sponsor in Turkey)
- Completed visa application form
- Passport-sized photo
- Any additional documents required by the Turkish government or embassy in your country of residence
It’s always recommended to check with the Turkish embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date visa requirements and any additional documents that may be required.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE. Can I get Turkey Visa on Arrival?
Turkey visa on arrival fee
As of my knowledge cutoff in 2021, the fee for a visa on arrival for Turkey varies depending on the country of origin and the length of stay. Generally, the fee is around $20-$40 for a single entry visa valid for up to 30 days. The fee can be paid in cash or with a credit card at the point of entry.
It’s important to note that visa fees are subject to change, and it is best to check with the Turkish embassy or consulate in your country for the most up-to-date information.
Turkey Visa on Arrival Extension
it is possible to extend a visa on arrival for Turkey. The extension can be applied for at the local police station or at the local office of the Directorate General of Migration Management. The extension can be granted for up to 90 days and the fee for the extension is around $30-$60.
It’s important to note that visa extension fees are subject to change and it is best to check with the Turkish embassy or consulate in your country or the local authorities in Turkey for the most up-to-date information. Additionally, extension of visa on arrival may not be possible for some nationalities.
What are the processing times for Turkey Visa on Arrival?
The processing time for a Turkey Visa on Arrival is typically just a few minutes. However, please note that processing times can vary depending on the volume of travelers and the specific circumstances of your application.
While some clients will have time to process their files, others will require them immediately.
This is the reason we came up with these three choices:
For USD $70.99, standard processing takes 24 hours.
Rush Processing: $45.49 for four hours
Super Rush Processing: $101.49 in 30 minutes
Can I get a visa on arrival for Turkey? – Select the processing period and cost that best meets your requirements!
Best places to visit in Turkey with Visa on Arrival
There are many wonderful places to visit in Turkey, but some of the most popular tourist destinations include:
- Istanbul: a city rich in history, culture, and architecture, with famous landmarks such as the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque, and the Topkapi Palace.
- Cappadocia: a unique geological formation in central Turkey with fairy chimneys, cave dwellings, and hot air balloon rides.
- Antalya: a Mediterranean coastal city known for its beautiful beaches, historic old town, and luxury resorts.
- Ephesus: an ancient Roman city with well-preserved ruins, including the Temple of Artemis and the Library of Celsus.
- Pamukkale: a natural site consisting of hot springs and terraced pools of milky-white mineral water.
- Troy: an ancient city made famous by the Trojan War and the city excavated by Heinrich Schliemann in the 19th century.
- Gallipoli: a peninsula located in the northwestern part of Turkey, the site of the Gallipoli campaign of World War I.
- Bodrum: a coastal town on the Aegean Sea known for its nightlife, beaches, and ancient ruins such as the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus.
These are just a few examples, but Turkey is a country full of history, culture, and nature. Each region and cities have its charm.
How can I check my Turkish Visa status online
ou can check the status of your Turkish visa online by visiting the official website of the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. On the website, you will find a “Visa Inquiry” page where you can enter your visa application number and your date of birth to check the status of your visa application.
Alternatively, you can also check the status of your Turkish visa by contacting the Turkish embassy or consulate where you submitted your application. They will be able to provide you with information on the status of your application and any additional information you may need.
Please note that you may need to provide additional information, like a copy of your passport, to verify your identity before checking your visa status.
Can my Turkish visa application be rejected?
Yes, your Turkish visa application can be rejected. The Turkish government has the authority to deny visa applications for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Incomplete or inaccurate information provided on the application
- Lack of financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Turkey
- Inadequate travel insurance
- A criminal record or history of violating immigration laws
- Previous overstay in Turkey or any other country
- Not having a valid reason for your visit
- Security or national interest concerns
It’s essential to ensure that your application is complete and accurate and provide all the required documents and information. Also, it’s advisable to have a valid reason for your visit and have enough financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Turkey.
It’s also important to note that even if they approve your application, the Turkish government reserves the right to revoke or cancel your visa at any time.