Turkey and the EU have been in talks for the past few years about Turkey joining the EU and the Schengen Zone. This will enable holders of Turkish passports to travel to several new EU and Schengen nations without a visa.
Turkey stated that six European nations, including Spain, Austria, Belgium, Poland, the Netherlands, and Great Britain, will no longer require visas for holders of Turkish passports to enter.
Without a doubt, the Turkish government is working to help the tourism sector and is also looking for reciprocity from its European allies.
Turkey visa free countries
Nationals of 78 countries and territories are now exempt from obtaining a visa in order to visit Turkey for leisure or business. There are many lists, depending on the length of the visa-free stay allowed. Check the lists below to see whether your country is included on any of them.
The following nationalities can enter Turkey without a visa and remain here for three months within six months, either continuously or intermittently:
|Bosnia and Herzegovina
|Saint Kitts and Nevis
|Trinidad and Tobago
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: List of Countries Eligible for Turkey e Visa
What countries can Turkey go to without a visa?
Citizens of Turkey are able to enter certain countries without a visa. These countries include:
- Countries in the European Union
- United States
- Costa Rica
- Trinidad and Tobago
- El Salvador
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- North Macedonia
- Saudi Arabia
This list is subject to change and it is always best to check with the Turkish embassy or consular office in your country before traveling to Turkey. And also, keep in mind that some countries have a limited time of stay without a visa.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: Turkey Visa on Arrival Eligible Countries
Can Turkish citizens travel to USA without visa?
USA is part of Turkey visa free countries. Turkish citizens are eligible for the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), which allows them to travel to the United States for tourism or business for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa. However, before their trip, they will need to apply for an electronic travel authorization (ETA) through the ESTA website.
It’s always best to check with the US Embassy or Consulate in Turkey for the most current information and requirements for travel to the United States.
How strong is Turkey’s passport?
Turkish passport ranks at 54th in the world in terms of travel freedom, according to the Henley Passport Index. This means that Turkish citizens can travel to a relatively high number of countries visa-free or with visa on arrival.
However, many countries still require a visa for Turkish citizens to enter. The strength of a passport can also change depending on various factors such as political relations between countries, security concerns, and more.
Can Turkish citizens travel to Canada without a visa?
Canada is not part of Turkey visa free countries. Turkish citizens are required to have a visa in order to travel to Canada. However, visa requirements are subject to change and it is best to check with the Canadian government’s official website for the most up-to-date information.
10 Things you should do while in Turkey
If you are from any of the mentioned Turkey visa free countries and looking for a worthy adventure while in Turkey. We have listed the top ten things you should do to have an exciting experience while in Turkey.
- Visit the Hagia Sophia in Istanbul, a former cathedral and mosque that is now a museum.
- Explore the Blue Mosque, also in Istanbul, known for its blue tilework and six minarets.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the fairy chimneys of Cappadocia.
- Visit the ancient city of Ephesus, home to the well-preserved ruins of a Roman city.
- Experience a traditional Turkish bath, or “hammam,” for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Walk along the Bosphorus Strait, which separates Europe and Asia in Istanbul.
- Go on a boat tour on the Mediterranean Sea, Aegean Sea, or Sea of Marmara.
- Visit the ancient city of Troy, made famous by Homer’s “Iliad.”
- Visit the Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, the primary residence of the Ottoman sultans for over 400 years.
- Take a cooking class to learn how to prepare traditional Turkish dishes such as kebabs, baklava, and dolma.
Do Turkish citizens need visa for Dubai?
Dubai is part of Turkey visa free countries. Turkish citizens do not need a visa to enter Dubai for stays of up to 90 days. However, it’s always best to check with the embassy or consulate of the United Arab Emirates for the most up-to-date information.
Additionally, travelers should also check for any specific visa or travel requirements that may be in place due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
How to get Turkish citizenship?
There are several ways to acquire Turkish citizenship, including:
- Birth: A person is automatically a Turkish citizen if they are born in Turkey, or if one of their parents is a Turkish citizen at the time of their birth.
- Naturalization: A person can apply for Turkish citizenship through naturalization if they have lived in Turkey for at least 5 years, have a clean criminal record, and meet other requirements such as passing a language test and having a steady income.
- Investment: A person can apply for Turkish citizenship through investment by purchasing real estate in Turkey worth at least $250,000 or by making a fixed capital investment of at least $500,000.
- Marriage: A foreign national who marries a Turkish citizen can apply for Turkish citizenship after 3 years of marriage and living in Turkey.
- Special cases: The Turkish government may grant citizenship to individuals who have made significant contributions to Turkey, such as investing in the country, promoting Turkish culture, or making scientific or artistic contributions.