Many individuals are interested in traveling to Turkey because of the cities of Istanbul and Cyprus. However, before visiting this unique nation, the majority of travelers, including US residents, require a travel visa or entry eVisa.
We will go over all the necessary paperwork, expenses, and requirements for Turkey visas in depth in this blog.
Who Needs A Turkey Visa?
A Turkey visa is required for individuals who are not citizens of Turkey and who plan to enter the country for any reason, such as tourism, business, study, or work. Some nationalities, such as citizens of the European Union, do not require a visa for stays of up to 90 days.
However, citizens of other countries may be required to obtain a visa before traveling to Turkey. It’s recommended to check the visa requirements for your specific country with the Turkish embassy or consulate before planning a trip to Turkey.
What Are The Turkey Visa Costs?
US citizens must pay Turkey visa fees before submitting their application. Depending on the type of Turkey visa you are seeking for, this is a need for every application.
- Single Entry Visa: The cost of a single-entry visa for Turkey is $50. Turkey tourist visas are also available.
- Turkey Transit Entry Visa: A 50 USD visa fee is required for this visa type.
- Turkey Visa on Arrival: A 20 USD visa fee is required for Turkey Visa on Arrival.
- Turkey Work Visa: Depending on the type of work permit you apply for, the visa fee for the Turkey Work Visa ranges from 140 USD to 420 USD.
- Cost of Turkey Student Visa: A Turkey Student Visa varies according to the institution you plan to enroll in there.
There is presently no fee for the Turkey E-Residency Visa, but you must provide evidence that you have enough money to support yourself while in Turkey.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: How to Apply for Turkey Visa Online
How To Pay Your Turkey Visa Fee
You must pay the Turkey Visa application cost before the Turkish Embassy will submit and process your application after you have satisfied the entrance requirements and applied successfully online.
The payment process is quite simple. Simply enter your card information and go to the payment page. You can always receive assistance with paying your visa cost if you have any issues while processing the payment.
What Are The Turkey Visa Photo Requirements?
The Turkey eVisa photo specifications are extremely stringent. You must make sure that your photo complies with the following Turkey Visa photo standards as a result. Your application will be declined if you don’t comply.
- The size of the photo must be 5 cm x 6 cm
- Photo must be in full color
- A recent photo taken within the last 6 months
- Photo must be taken against a plain white background
- Wear something casual, however, avoid wearing white as it may blend with the background
- Prescription glasses and head covering for religious purposes may be worn
- In the photo, your head must measure between 20mm-30mm
- Your face must be in clear view with nothing obstructing it
- Keep a neutral expression
- Photo must be taken in good lighting
What Are The Turkey Visa Passport Requirements?
When applying for a Turkey visa and visiting Turkey, your passport must also fulfill a few requirements.
- Your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months starting from the date that you arrive in Turkey.
- Your passport must contain your biometric information and a biometric photo of yourself.
- Your passport must have at least 2 blank pages available for both entry and exit stamps.
- Your passport must either be an official passport, diplomatic, special, or a service passport.
Turkey Work Visa and Permit Fees
A work permit must be purchased in addition to the entry visa fee if you want to work in Turkey. The following are the expenses for a work permit for Turkey:
|Type of work permit||Period||Price|
|Temporary Work Permit Certificate||Up to one year||€119|
|Work Permit Certificate||Up to two years||€238|
|Work Permit Certificate||Up to three years||€357|
|Permanent Work Permit Certificate||€1189|
|Independent Work Permit Certificate||€1189|
|Work Permit for Syrians Under Protection||One year standard||€44|
|Valuable Paper Fee||For each certificate||€14|
Turkey Covid-19 Restrictions
Turkey has no restrictions on travel. If they meet the requirements set forth by Turkey’s immigration laws, people of all nationalities are welcome there.
No longer necessary for US visitors to enter Turkey is the COVID-19 test and quarantine. By June 2022, Turkey will no longer require PCR tests. Additionally, vaccination documentation is no longer necessary for travelers entering Turkey.
Turkey visa fees depends on the visa type and the stay duration. As of Jan 2021, a single-entry tourist e-Visa costs $20. It is always best to check the official website of the Republic of Turkey’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the most up-to-date information on visa fees, as they may change periodically.
Also, kindly keep in mind that fees are subject to change, and it is better to check the official website for the most recent pricing information.